Bedstraw + Madder working with Raddis is transforming the cotton industry by creating a transparent farm–product value chain with a proven positive footprint for people and the planet.
This is a story of revival, we make chemical-free, regenerative clothing to highlight a new model for best practice.
Vanessa and Primrose - Co founders of Bedstraw + Madder
Bedstraw + Madder is delighted to partner with Raddis to create transparent, chemical-free clothing that restores our ecosystems, biodiversity and climate whilst empowering communities.
The Raddis®System is based on a farm impact subscription model which links your cotton demand in yarn, fabric and finished products to the assigned acres of farmland with organic “in-conversion” cotton cultivation. Over the next five years, they are working to:
- Convert 25,000 acres of cotton from degenerative to regenerative production systems
- Increase water retention capacity by 20-30%
- Increase farm biodiversity (species and genetic) by 100%
- Remove 12125 kgs of toxic pesticides
- Remove 2742500 KG of synthetic fertilizers
- Eliminate GMOs from 25,000 acres
- Double the income of 12,500 farmers by increasing premiums and reducing the cost of cultivation.
- Sequester 16,175 tonnes of carbon in the soil, and remove 60,000 tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere.
This is not just about environmental impact; women do 80% of the work done in the fields. Raddis takes a holistic approach, focusing on empowering women, and regenerating communities alongside the land.
Through our farmers, we return to the soil much more than we take from it .
Aneel Kumar Ambavaram – Raddis founder
Bedstraw + Madder is a new British label founded by two women on a mission to do less harm and actively revive our planet by creating a regenerative fashion label using 100 % natural plant dyes with zero chemicals made with 100% organic unbleached organic cotton.